Thursday, July 12, 2007

JR's Unique Cooking Style

I've been eating, ah este, cooking all my life. The very first dish I learned to cook when I was around 8 years old was cheese omelettes, and ever since I've been the king of omelette making, at least according to those who have tried them.

The main thing about me is that I never studied nor took any short or long courses in cooking, and I don't like reading recipes. The only times I use recipes are when I want to cook dishes but don't understand what they're made of, which is really very rare. I brush through the recipe ONCE, and then gather all the ingredients I can recall, adding my own during the process, and finaly cooking it my way without ever looking back at the recipe. Sometimes I ask some friends, or my mom who I'll always regard as the greatest cook in the whole world, to tell me what the ingredients are for the dish I want to cook, then I usually take it from there.

Don't you just hate it when you find a recipe you really want, maybe over the internet or from a book, and then find our later that it's more of an add for you to buy a certain brand's mix or product? Well, that's one thing you'll never find here. I love eating all the dishes I'll place in this site, and if it's not good I won't even bother telling the world how to cook it.

I also don't like cooking food whose ingredients are out of this world, or not available in my house, so most of the dishes I cook use what I readily have in my cupboard. Same goes with the type of appliances I use, if it's not cheap or available in my house, I won't bother trying out dishes that need me to buy something unusual or expensive.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi JR,

Very nice and interesting recipes. These recipes made me hungry and would like to do it myself as well. Thanks for sharing them.


Eman

Unknown said...

Hi JR,

Eman here again. Visit this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUlwEWzi2JY. This guy makes easy and simle recipes. My simple sharing with you.


Eman

Anonymous said...

Bon Jour from Canada! How is it going JR? I have not seen you for ages and was surprised to come across your blog site. Good to know that you’re well.

Okay, let me recall what I remember about you. Hmmm… do you really want me to go through this, ‘coz I might be opening a can of worms here, haha. Just joking!

Other than your love for tech and good food, you were into tai chi, go kart racing during your younger years. You’ve always wanted to have your own big family, right? You used to pet a hawk and a pony and picked too much stuff when grocery shopping, oops! Hey, my memory is still good! I could go on and on but that’s all for now, the rest I’ll just keep to myself, haha. By the way, you didn’t aged a bit, you look almost the same as the last time I saw you. About your penchant for cooking, yes, I did notice that early on. I even got lucky to have a taste of your cooking once in your home. Thanks, that was sweet!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey JR, your recipe for carbonara seems really yummy. I'll test it in my kitchen one of these days. I'll probably just reduce the amount of butter. Anyhow, my family is planning to visit the Philippines soon and would like to get suggestion on where to go for excellent food. Any thoughts?

You may e-mail me at exploredglobe@yahoo.com

THANKS!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the recipes...ill be trying them..thanks for sharing,hope to see more recipe in your blog